Terms and Conditions
Though every endeavour is made to keep prices stable, it is an express condition that ECS Electronics B.V. may alter prices at any time giving notice of one calender month. Goods are invoiced at the price ruling at the time of dispatch. Invoices must be checked on receipt for the buyers selling price records and any queries raised in full detail within 7 days of invoice date.
Until the due payment is received, the property and title of the Goods remain with ECS Electronics but the risks and all liability to Third Parties passes to the purchaser on delivery. The purchaser may sell or dispose of the Goods in the normal course of his business but in a fiduciary capacity shall hold and pursue claim for the proceeds of sale equal to the ECS Electronics B.V. price of the Goods, for and on behalf of ECS Electronics B.V. If payment has not been made by the due date, ECS Electronics B.V. reserve the right to withhold further deliveries, and if payment in full is not made within a further 30 days, to charge interest on any overdue balance at a rate equal to 6% above the base lending rate of The Royal Bank of Scotland Ltd., for the whole time such balance is overdue and unpaid.
Orders are accepted by ECS Electronics B.V. subject to the Goods being available and unsold. Sending a Purchaser's order with different Terms & Conditions of purchase, does not constitute an agreement by ECS Electronics B.V. to vary their own Terms of Sale which still apply to the transaction. Claims for non-delivery by carriers must be made to ECS Electronics B.V. and the carriers within 7 days of invoice or advice-note date. Claims for damage by carriers must be made within 3 days of receipt of Goods.
Returned Goods - Spare Parts & Modules
Spare parts and modules have integrated computorised software and cannot be returned once opened.
Returned Goods - Wiring Kits
ECS Electronics understand that you may want to return kits that are not needed. This can be because of the change over year on a vehicle model or perhaps the customer didn't give you the correct information for you to order. You can return your unwanted electric kit for a 100% refund less the carriage charges under the terms and conditions given here. If you purchased your ECS Electronics wiring kit from another company please contact them directly to use their returns procedure.
These terms and conditions apply for the normal return of unwanted wiring kits. If the goods are being returned as faulty or under warranty please refer to the 'Warranty' section below.
IMPORTANT: Unwanted goods can only be returned subject to the conditions outlined below if we receive them within a calendar month from the purchase date. After this time unwanted goods cannot be returned.
Goods can be returned if they are received by us within one calendar month from the purchase date. (shown on your invoice). The amount of refund is dictated by the following conditions.
1. If the packaging is unopened and in good condition then the refund will be 100% of the purchase price. (Tip: It is always better to check the fitting instructions online so you don't open the box unnecessarily).
2. If the packaging is unopened but has arrived at the return address in a damaged condition then there is 15% handling charge for re-packaging.
3. If the packaging has been opened you can still return the kit to us but due to our accredited ISO 9004 status we will have to return the kit to our quality section in The Netherlands to have the contents verified. In this case we would offer a partial refund based on the work required to make the kit saleable as new.
4. If the kit has been opened and installed this would be a warranty issue and cannot be returned as an unwanted kit.
No returns will be accepted by ECS Electronics B.V. for credit except by express agreement, the full details of which must also be fixed securely to the Goods returned, including name, address & telephone number of sender, date of original invoice and reasons for return.
Warranty - Terms and Conditions
ECS Electronics is an OE supplier to a number of vehicle manufacturers and is also one of the largest suppliers into the aftermarket. All the products manufactured are rigorously tested to comply with International Automotive Standards and Regulations. This ensures that the vehicle's management system or operational integrity is not harmed or compromised.
Problems and faults can happen either when installing the product or after a period of time. ECS Electronics are happy to offer their customers a one year return to base warranty on the electic kits, excluding the external 7pin or 13pin socket. The ECS Electronics warranty is limited to replacing faulty parts and components.
ECS Electronics is not liable for installations that have been compromised by faulty installations or being connected to incorrect or faulty towbar or trailer lighting circuits.
Any claim that is beyond the component failure would only be investigated after a physical inspection of the vehicle installation and the failed component analysis. Any warranty work that is agreed must be authorised by ECS Electronics in writing before commencing.
All warranty claims must follow the procedure as documented here.
1. When a fault or problem is identified the technician must contact the Freephone fitter support helpline during normal office hours. Telephone our UK technical support on 07440 202052 or ECS head office technical support on Freephone: 0800 22 55 23 27. If you do not contact the fitter support helpline we cannot support a warranty claim.
2. If the problem or fault is identified as the responsibility of ECS we will do our best to either send a replacement part or kit. If other action is required this will be discussed and decided upon during the fitter support call.
IMPORTANT: If any insulation breaks or damage to the cable harness is found, caused by independent connections (i.e. Scotchlock) we cannot support a warranty claim.
The return of goods and warranty is covered by the 'Orgaline' international agreement terms.
Non-Acceptance & Cancellation of Orders
ECS Electronics B.V. cannot accept without charge the subsequent cancellation or refusal of goods involving special orders or alteration work to any order. Such charge is immediately due and payable.
Neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Agreement for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected.